Practical ways to bring the best out of othersExceptional performance is something that leaders typically aspire to. But the reality for many is that they spend most of their time minimising mistakes and dealing with deficit. The challenge then is to shift the focus towards what is working well, so that we can replicate it while bringing the best out of people. By studying exceptional organisations and teams, psychologists have identified key strategies for creating a flourishing work environment that enables others to be at their best. This one-day workshop will explore a number of those strategies and bring them to life for delegates with stories and practical tools that they can take away and implement within their own teams.
Leaders and managers looking to create a working environment that enables everyone to flourish.
- A day of reflection, discussion and exploration of the concept and reality of positive leadership
- Relatable content that they can apply to their own lives and experiences
- Evidence-based tips and techniques based on the principles of positive psychology
- A chance to get involved, work with their colleagues and immerse themselves in the ideas and techniques being shared
- Opportunities to ask questions and properly reflect on the information being presented to make sure they leave the session feeling informed and empowered.
As occupational psychologists using positive psychology in our work, our workshops are solution-based and appreciative in nature. In other words, our aim is to equip people with the confidence and skills they need by helping them to identify successful strategies that will work for them.
All of our sessions combine theory and practice. Knowledge is power; by understanding a little of the research behind the ideas we share, delegates will be better equipped to make decisions about the tools and techniques that will work best for them. There’s not a ‘one fit for all’ solution, so we demonstrate and discuss a range of tools within our sessions, empowering delegates to choose the options that work best for them.
- An introduction to positive psychology and positive organisational scholarship, and the evidence of their value in leadership
- The science of strengths and the benefits of strengths-based performance conversations for leadership and management
- Tools and techniques to build a positive team and organisational climate
- How to use positive communication and positive emotion to motivate and engage others
- Lots of practical examples, tools and techniques to bring concepts to life and for delegates to take back to the workplace.
"Brilliant session, so much content, ideas and thinking that I can use in my work"
Book your in-house workshop
Other sessions to consider...
Up to 15 delegates
Virtual or Face-to-face