An Introduction to Strengths
Build on your strengths to become happier and more effectivePeople who make good use of their strengths are more productive, more successful and experience higher levels of wellbeing. Yet most people aren’t even sure what their strengths are. Underpinned by positive psychology research, this session will enhance delegates’ self-awareness and help them to be at their best more often.
N.B. If you’re looking for a strengths workshop you can attend as an individual, take a look at our Strengths Masterclass here.
All staff who are looking to increase their personal effectiveness.
- 90 mins of practical, relatable content that they can take away and start using immediately
- Evidence-based tips and techniques based on the principles of positive psychology
- A chance to get involved, ask questions and try out the ideas and techniques that are shared.
As occupational psychologists using positive psychology in our work, our workshops are solution-based and appreciative in nature. In other words, our aim is to equip people with the confidence and skills they need by helping them to identify successful strategies that will work for them.
All of our sessions combine theory and practice. Knowledge is power; by understanding a little of the research behind the ideas we share, delegates will be better equipped to make decisions about the tools and techniques that will work best for them. There’s not a ‘one fit for all’ solution, so we demonstrate and discuss a range of tools within our sessions, empowering delegates to choose the options that work best for them.
- Introduction to positive psychology and factors that enable people and organisations to flourish
- An understanding of why focusing on what’s working (an appreciative approach) is sometimes better than trying to fix the problems
- Research on benefits of a strengths-based approach to personal development and management
- Practical exercises to identify strengths – using the At My Best® strengths cards
- An exploration of practical ways to build on success and take an appreciative approach
"All evening we’ve not stopped talking about our learnings from today. At My Best has been 99% of our conversation!"
Training Manager, Caffe Nero
Book your in-house workshop
Other sessions to consider...
Up to 15 delegates
Virtual or Face-to-face