Essentials of Positive Leadership
Helping others to flourishBeing a leader is a huge responsibility, not least because leaders have a powerful role to play in enabling others to be their best. It can be hard to navigate your way through the wealth of information and advice that exists on leadership, but what this session will show is that following some basic positive leadership practices can have a significant impact on the engagement, commitment and performance of those we lead.
This brief, information-packed session will highlight the essential principles of positive leadership, giving delegates some simple tools that they can take away and use in their own roles.
For a more in-depth workshop on this topic, take a look at our full-day session Positive Leadership.
Anyone who has leadership responsibilities.
- 90 mins of practical, relatable content that they can take away and start using immediately
- Evidence-based tips and techniques based on the principles of positive psychology
- A chance to get involved, ask questions and try out the ideas and techniques that are shared.
As occupational psychologists using positive psychology in our work, our workshops are solution-based and appreciative in nature. In other words, our aim is to equip people with the confidence and skills they need by helping them to identify successful strategies that will work for them.
All of our sessions combine theory and practice. Knowledge is power; by understanding a little of the research behind the ideas we share, delegates will be better equipped to make decisions about the tools and techniques that will work best for them. There’s not a ‘one fit for all’ solution, so we demonstrate and discuss a range of tools within our sessions, empowering delegates to choose the options that work best for them.
- A definition of positive leadership – what it is, what it isn’t and why it’s important
- An insight into some of the key research that informs positive leadership practices
- How positive leadership practices can be used to have impact
- Practical, evidence-based tips and strategies drawn from the field of positive leadership
"I leaned different ways of building people up and would recommend doing this to anyone working in or with teams"
Book your in-house workshop
Other sessions to consider...
Up to 15 delegates
Virtual or Face-to-face